Saturday, March 2, 2013

To Go or Not To Go?

You know those times when life is good? Everything is working out and the stress isn't overwhelming.. It's wonderful, right?? But then life jumps in and says, "Wait, you're happy? Let's spice it up a bit." Haha yeah...... life is grand sometimes :P
Seriously though. Sure, the twist may be far from ideal.. however.. that shouldn't detract from the value of the experience. There is so much to learn about life, others, and yourself in these types of moments and I honestly can say that I wouldn't give up that 25 hours for anything.
It's true, I was rash.. but I learned what's important to me: my family. Nothing matters more than them. I know I'm not the best at showing it, but when it comes down to it, family will always come out the top priority. I guess sometimes I just need a bit of a reminder :P
Also.. communication is important. Don't forget that. Everything can be fixed with communication. Running away from your problems won't solve anything.. Granted, neither does a lack of judgement.. :P But hey. It worked out in the end as it always will.

About a week and a half ago a good friend asked me something along the lines of.. "How would you treat somebody if you saw them at their weakest, most vulnerable?" And you know.. I can't think of anything better than having my friends be there for me when I needed them. Seriously. I was far from enjoyable company and yet, they helped me out in any way they could. Feeding and packing me lunch, insisting on dinner and losing a night of sleep... It all meant so much to me. Thank you.



Words are powerful, but it's the proof behind the words.. the actions.. that make all the difference. Whether that be responding to an impossible call or packing a bag in advance... I've come to learn that the only way for people to *know* that you care is to show them. Simple as that.



No comments:

Post a Comment