Thursday, August 8, 2013

Chapters

First off, Mexico was amazing!


   




 
We flew to Phoenix, picked up our rental car (yes, that's a Ford Mustang convertible!), then drove across the Mexican border (ridiculously easy I might add, at the border the Mexicans just waved us through...) to Puerto Penasco. Fresh coconut. Fresh mango. Shells galore. Top notch food. Restaurants with a view. Quality time with mom. It was so much fun :D


On a different note, one of my best friends just left on her mission.
14 months ago Nicole and I went to a carnival. Despite having multiple classes together in high school, that was the first time we hung out. After that.. we became close. She attended BYU and I was living down in Cedar City going to SUU. However, distance didn't matter. Somehow we were both able to open up to each other in a record amount of time. We shared our highs and our lows, our triumphs and our struggles. When there was no one else, we had each other. And while I can't speak for her, it felt good to have a friend who I knew I could count on. No matter what.
Going on a mission is no small choice, and I commend Nicole for being able to make this one. It wasn't easy. But I know without a doubt that she will make a great missionary.

No comments:

Post a Comment