Sunday, June 19, 2011

Beastly vs. Beauty

The entire way home from church Brock was talking about Alexa,
the most beautiful girl in the world and his dream girlfriend...
It's a loooonnng drive, about 45 minutes.
Anyway, I accused him of only liking her because she's beautiful.
He sincerely denied it.
but then we got talking about if hotness matters.
I brought up the movie Beastly.
How the girl falls in love with whats-his-face even though he's ugly...
(although, as the movie goes on I think he gets.. well, not cuter, but, well he makes it work)
Anyway, I was telling Brock that I'd feel jipped
if I fell in love with someone who was super ugly then they magically turned handsome.
Why?
Well, if I loved someone who was scary looking and hideous,
who turned heads in disgust,
and when I said I loved him people were amazed and grossed out at the same time.
Okay, well not that terrible, but at least like the guy in the movie,
I don't know 'bout you, but I'd feel pretty proud of myself.
And, I mean, if he's the scariest thing out there
then there'd be nothing to be afraid of.
But
if he turned handsome
people would look at me and say
You got him? Lucky.
Like ending up with him, getting him to fall for me, was an accomplishment.
People would think I fell for him because he was hot.
I don't want that.
I mean, I want a cute husband, don't get me wrong,
but I don't want looks to be all that matter.
I want to fall for what's on the inside, who he really is,
not what everybody sees of him at a glance...

I don't know, this is just me....

No comments:

Post a Comment