Saturday, November 17, 2012

Slowing Down to Enjoy the Journey

Intentions get lost in the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Nothing happens and yet memories get left behind. Time goes by, people and situations change, you change. In the moment it feels like everything is back to how it was.. except it's not. Life is ever moving forward and all you can do is take it one step at a time.
I've come to realize that time is precious. With every passing day I see little things that make me happy, that make smile and laugh, those tiny seemingly insignificant bits of everyday life that in fact make up the high of my day are slowly fading from my memory. 
So here's to the memories. Lessons learned and time well spent.

Fall Break:
Road trip with my 5 Cent... ha definitely a much needed break for the both of us. Every bit of the 3 days was worth it. Only a handful of friends have seen that side of who I am.. and I wonder. What's it like to new eyes? The never-ending sage brush, hills, and mountains. The pastures speckled with hundreds of cattle and horses. The brilliant night sky, completely... perfect.  

FTX Field Training Exercise:
Plain and simple?? I feel like even though the majority of my military experience comes from a college class, I have gained enough to realize how much these men and women sacrifice for our country. Even the basics that I've been lucky enough to learn have taught me so much about the soldiers who fight for us. Their determination, courage and utmost strength and sense of sacrifice. It's an adventure and way of life that can be found nowhere else.. The stories I've heard, the atmosphere I feel when surrounded by military soldiers... Its amazing. I absolutely love it.



Also. I've discovered that when it comes to long/important trips... I don't like to be spontaneous. It stresses me out. I plan. Simple as that. Once upon a time I was in my kill me now class and I asked Nicole to come kill me. Or kidnap me. Either way.. that class is awful. Well. Long story short, I was reminded that I was the one with the car.. and after thinking about it for ten minutes, I left class eager to see my family and friends. Let's just say if hell froze over then that's what I had to drive through. I have never driven with such undivided focus.. I couldn't even change the cd that was playing!! Luckily for me, I had a friend on speed dial :) Ha, but seriously. I was scared. Talking helped. A ton. 
Seeing my family was great :) There really is nowhere like home. 
And BYU?? Well.. still not a fan, but Wyview isn't so bad. They do have comfy couches ;)


And... right now? I've been up for 23 hours. That's what happens when you watch 2 creepy ghost movies til 2:30 a.m. and then end up talking with Chlesh all night. Haha college is grand :D

1 comment: