Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Key Club

Club of keys? Old keys, new keys, shiny keys, dull keys??

Nope, sorry :)

It's service, and guess what?
I'm the... Chief Advisor... Wisdom Giver??
Okay, so I don't have an official title, but I mean, really, who needs one anyway??

See, my friend Josh ran for Pres. He wanted me to run for VP, but I don't like talking to people... yeah, that could be a bit problematic...
Well, after the 2 guys that signed up for VP gave their spiels on why they should hold the power of the President's Vice, I knew I could've beat them. But, I couldn't just jump up and say, oh hey, I forgot to sign up, can I run?
Do you know how unprofessional that would've been???

But, lucky me, I don't need a fancy smancy title.
Why?
Because Josh was voted Key Club President of 2012

We're pretty tight, and we've known each other since 10th grade, so, what.. 2 years-ish. That sounds right.
 But he's not just a random acquaintance, oh no, we've worked together in the past. We've done class projects and under the instigation (that's a word right???) of Josh, raised money for the people of Haiti after the earthquake in 2010-ish.
This kid who was voted at VP, we don't know him. Josh knows me, and he respects my opinion (at least, I think he does, I hope he does...) according to him, I'm higher on his list than his VP.

Which makes me what?
I know I don't need a title, but come on, tell me true, it would be kinda nice :)
Executive Advisor, has a nice ring to it don't ya think? :D

No comments:

Post a Comment