Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Life Is No Game

Obstacles of Life.
That was the game we played for mutual, but you know what?
It was more than a game, way, way more. It was a life lesson. An important one.

Blindfolded, we were supposed to make our way through 'life' (the obstacles) holding to 'the iron rod' (a piece of string). The Holy Ghost (our guide) would help only if asked, there were also the tempters, talking your ear off, trying to get you to let go of the rod... If you let go, you lost and were taken to the 'terestial kingdom' (downstairs room, no chairs or food. But if you held tight, asked your guide for help and made it all the way, it was to the 'celestial kingdom' you went. Soft chairs, food, lights... a happy place.

I'm happy to report I was the 2nd person to go and the 2nd person to make it all the way without letting go of the rod. I asked my guide for help a lot and, even though I made conversation with my tempter, refused to listen to anything she said.. She threatened to pour water on me and I may have told her to do her worst... but I held on :D

Once I got to the 'celestial room' I got to talk with Sis Hall.
{Just so everybody knows, I LOVE this lady.. and no, I'm not saying this just because I know she reads the happenings of my life :)}
She helped me put the entire activity into perspective.
See, while I was watching the people being guided down the stairs, I was laughing. I know, not so saintly :D In truth I was surprised at how many people didn't make it to our little happy room..
Here's where the putting it into perspective thing comes in. Sis. Hall had 2 daughters, both of which let go of the rod, due to the tempt-happy young men of course.

It's a game, right?
Perhaps.
But let me tell you, I could tell it wasn't the same for dear Sis. Hall. She wanted her kids with her, in the same place she was.
I, on the other hand, had no family present at this stupendous activity and all my friends were the tempters and guides. I was happy enough to sit and talk with the people that had successfully accomplished the obstacle course, but I still missed them.

This made me realize that pure happiness cannot me found if the people you love the most aren't there by your side.


Not to break this thoughtful mood I've created, but I must share a quote with you.
"If math was a puppy, I'd drown it." - random guy walking down the hall at school.
High school, what can I say :D

No comments:

Post a Comment