Wednesday, October 12, 2011

What's Holding You Back??

If you were going to die soon and had only one phone call you could make, who would you call and what would you say? And why are you waiting? ~Stephen Levine

I have no idea who this Stephen Levine is, but boy, he makes a person think.


It's all very thought provoking, but the part that I love is the end, when he says 'Why are you waiting?'

I know for me, life just seems like it will go on forever. Nothing dramatically life changing will ever happen to me or anyone I'm close to. Everything is going to be fine, it will work out the right way.

What does that even mean?!?!!
Plain and simple? It's a complete and total delusion.

I recently had a wake up call. 
Before I thought: I don't need to study, I can wing this ACT, get in the 30's and get a scholarship for school...
Now: Oh my heck!!! I only got a 28, I don't qualify for the Regent's and it's a toss-up if I can get into the college of my choice!! Oh crap, why haven't I prepared myself better?

Maybe not so dramatic as that, but essentially, yes. This is what I'm feeling.


Basically what I'm trying to get at is this:
You don't know what your future holds, what will happen to those close to you. So why do we wait for the right moment to say what we feel? What if that moment never comes and the opportunity has passed? What I mean is, it's important to let the people you care about KNOW they're important to you.

Besides, you can't get anywhere without taking a few risks, right :D

1 comment: