Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Looking Forward

2011 was good, very good. 
These past few months and especially weeks have honestly been some of the best yet. I've met so many new people and made tons of new friends, it's really kind of weird. I'm used to being the background, the one nobody really pays attention to, and that's fine by me. Honestly. But, within the last month my social life has changed so much. Parts I love, others have come a bit more reluctantly... 

I stand by what I said. 2011 was amazing and I'm pretty sure with how things are going now 2012 is looking to be another great year.
I have more friends than ever before, college and freedom are a mere 5 months away.. and with a car in sight.. I mean, life is good. I have absolutely nothing to complain about. Not right now anyway ;)

Actually.. I was traumatized yesterday.
I bought Bailey 3 fish and 3 shrimp for Christmas, as a joke, and well, it's been great fun. The shrimp are see through and you can see their brain and insides. Yeah, it's creepy :)
So Bailey had to clean the tank.. long story short, the biggest fish jumped out of the cup and spent a few moments gasping for water. Finally back in its happy place (the bowl) this champ of a fish.. went belly up. Then he began spazzing out and swimming around, upside down mind you, but would once again float to the top... Yeah, this happened for almost 5 minutes. Bailey and I were watching with sick fascination.. 
Oh, but it gets worse. See, Wal-Mart said the shrimp and this specific type of fish get along and up til now they have..
See, this spazy fish, he wasn't quite dead when the biggest of the shrimp swam up and..

latched onto the fish's face!! I kid you not! It was so so so gross!!! Bailey and I were freaking out. Eeewwww!!! So, we're both hiding in the family room, screaming at each other to throw away the not quite dead fish.. But it was so disgusting!!

 A few minutes go by and I go back in.. to find this. Fishy is dead and the little monster fish-eater is chowing away.

Yeah. I will never be able to look at shrimp the same. Ever. 

1 comment:

  1. AAAHHHH!!! That is horrifying!!! Who knew shrimp could be so evil?!?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete