Friday, September 9, 2011

The Pictures Your Pictures Could Look Like







I'm taking a photo class this semester... yes, it's great. 
One of the first assignments was making a poster, as a group. My group was made up of Tori, Jalynn, and Ami. I love those people! Anyway. We were told that only a few groups would receive the full points and the rest 80%. Some motivation, huh? Well, we decided to play off of Mr. Old Spice :D


The Pictures Your Pictures Could Look Like

Hello photographers. Look at your photo, now at mine, now back at yours, now back to my photo. sadly, it isn't mine, but if you stopped using bad technique and switched to good technique, it could look like my photo.
(The top photo is a pic of a lady falling off a horse, and the pink strip by it says 'I'm on a horse' haha)
I know it's way fuzzy and I'm sorry, that's the best I could do with my phone camera.


Now. Onto another great aspect of photography class. Homemade tin can cameras. We didn't make them, but Mr. B showed us how to use them. It's a long tin can with an itsy bitsy tiny hole poked in it with a 'shutter'. The shutter is a piece of cardboard taped to the outside of the can, that flips up. See, there's a certain type of paper that, if exposed to light in any degree, once developed, turns into a negative photograph. 
Stick some fancy photo paper inside the dark, dark camera can, lift the shutter to bring in light and...
This was the 2nd picture Megan and I took using said ingenious invention :D
The first one was just of Megan, but turned out great. I'm the one on the right, Megan is on the left. I think the reason my left arm looks non-existent, is because I was holding the shutter up. 

Hey, I think it's pretty clear... for a tin can :D Oh, and do you see the school bus inbetween the 2 of us??


"Live as if you'd drop dead in 10 seconds. Ask no guarantees, ask for no security."
Life... is unpredictable. Just go watch Soul Surfer. Sometimes things happen that make life hard. Keep going. Live as if you'd die tomorrow, or in 10 seconds. How would your life be different? What would you do or change?

Have fun and make every moment count!!

No comments:

Post a Comment