Saturday, September 17, 2011

True Story

I just found something that's WAY better than free food and homecoming. Playing with the neighbor kids, hands down, no comparison.

I started out downstairs watching the BYU vs. U of U football game... but I got bored. Plus I kinda wanted to keep my hearing, not lose it due to my mom yelling at the TV. I went outside to take a picture of the sunset, did you see it? It was all purplish and yellow.. Oh wait. I bet you, whoever you are, had your eyes glued to the TV watching the blue v red game.
Anyway. I took the picture then looked across the street and saw the neighbor kids riding their bikes, chasing each other. I heard my name, and... well to spare the long details, I ended up hiding in a window well and under a car in hide-and-seek, dodging all these little kids in freeze tag, and basically having some of the most fun I've had in awhile.
As I was laying flat under the car in our culdesac I realized that I had quite possibly just made the Zollingers' night, not to mention my night. I had one of those 'what if' moments. 

What if I stayed in the house and watched the game... I'd be bored out of my mind.
What if I had chosen to read or do homework instead playing with these kids... Again, I'd be bored and bummed out that I didn't get asked to homecoming (I'm not by the way, bummed about homecoming I mean)
What if I hadn't helped the Zollingers' unload their stuff when they first moved in and gotten to know them since then... Uh, well, I wouldn't have been out there playing for one. And they'd just be the crazy family with a Z last name and a bunch of little kids. No, I love that family. They remind me of my family away from home.
What if their little girls knew my name... I wouldn't be Kobe's sister, just Shelby. That's boring. I like being Kobe and Kooper's sister :D

Basically I'm just really glad that I went out and played. I really do love that family. And you know what? I would trade any number of dances for an hour of fun with the Zollingers. 

True Story :D

No comments:

Post a Comment