Sunday, December 4, 2011

Good Cowboy

Yesterday, as I was so diligently doing my job, I saw a book called Cowboy Country and decided to see how this book portrayed cowboys.

One of the first pages I flipped to read:

"Do the cattle all look the same to you?
Well, they're just as different as people are
when you take the care to know them.
If you've seen western movies
or watched cowboys on TV,
you might guess it's bronc riding and roping snorting steers that makes a top hand.
Well, you'd guess wrong.

Of course, any good buckaroo needs to know
how to handle a rough pony and slip a slick noose,
but it's reading cows that makes a good cowboy--
knowing what an old cow is thinking
before she knows herself. It takes years
to learn that--maybe a lifetime."


I took a pic of those pages so I could later write them down, because when I read that I immediately thought of my Dad... it fits him perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment