Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Unexpected Change

Change is always happening, if nothing changes then nothing progresses. Personally, I hate change. I know I've said this before, but it's something that is deeply ingrained in me, whether for good or bad.

Preparing for any change {going to college} is hard, scary. But what about change that isn't expected?? What are you supposed to feel or do when a sort of change takes place that you knew was going to happen but not for awhile?
What I mean is, say you're planning on some big event changing your life in the next six months or so, but until then you're hoping things stay the same.. Sitting out on the bridge over the canal talking with your best friend about everything and nothing. It's moments like those that make time stand still and life suddenly become simple again.

It is, or rather, was, my hope that my life was going to stay the same until I left for college. That my last couple months before I had to shift to responsible adult mode would be filled with friends and hanging out and just talking with the one person who knows and understands me better than anyone else.
Well, life happens and there are ups and there are downs.
What happens when an inevitable change takes place sooner than expected?
I'll tell you what happens.
Everything changes.

As one chapter comes to its close, the next is just beginning.
I feel like this chapter in my life is ending too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment