Monday, August 15, 2011

Seize the Moment

So, it's 1 a.m. and I am supposed to be asleep, but I heard the thunder and couldn't resist :) and let me tell you, I have never seen it storm so hard!! It's absolutely amazing!

I ran to my back door and almost instantly lightning lit up everything... the clouds, my backyard.. In that instant I could see everything like it was noon day. Soon after.. and I mean soon, like a couple seconds... thunder so loud shakes the sky.
I ran downstairs and insisted Bailey come see. Seeing as it's late, she didn't want to, but I made her :) Once she saw the show, she pulled me out to the middle of our cement backyard and pointed out the lightning streaks.
You could see the streaks so clearly, the only problem was the white light brightness and the suddenness of it all. Then in less than a second the booming of thunder. Mind blowing... literally. Between the FLASH and BOOM! I now have a pounding headache :D

We headed back downstairs because, even though it wasn't raining, it was cold. But I wanted one last look, so I ran outside again, only this time it was POURING rain like nobody's business. Again, I pulled Bailey up the stairs, and once again, as soon as she saw all the rain that wasn't there a minute ago we both ran into it. I kid you not, it had been raining all of 3 minutes and there was a pool of water at my feet. We danced in the rain, ran back to the house, then ran out again...
Bailey said, "It's like giant buckets are being poured!"
I definitely had to agree and
It was so fun :) 


I love that not only was this the biggest storm I've ever seen, but I seized the moment and, even though I was in my PJ's and settling down for bed, I watched the lightning, listened to the CRACK! of the thunder, and played in the rain :D

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

This was definitely one of those moments :D


No comments:

Post a Comment