Monday, August 8, 2011

EFY in... yep that's right. Nauvoo, Illinois

Going to Nauvoo for my very first EFY experience... I think YES :)

It was so super awesome!! We got to see and do so many things that both strengthened my testimony and were a lot of fun...

Joseph Smith home and more old Nauvoo sites
pioneer cemetery
Carthage Jail
Trail of HOPE
Baptisms for the dead in the Nauvoo temple :D
Jazz Concert/ Missionary Show
Devotionals and Morningsides
Testimony meeting
Variety Show

All these things were so amazing!! I would have to say my top experiences were baptisms, Carthage, and studying in front of the temple each morning. but also...

"...One of the few big bands that swings the way swing should be swung." - In the opening prayer before the jazz concert :D
I finished reading the Book of Mormon in the Nauvoo Temple, right after we did baptisms, then I bought an 1830 version Book of Mormon :)
And friends :)


My roomies were awesome. We got to know each other and became really good friends by the end of the week.
Melany, Emily, BreAnn, Diana and Melissa I miss you all SO much!!!

Mary, our counselor, was terrific :) I loved listening to her and just being around her. She's just one of those people, fun and easy to talk to.


I didn't particularly like the humidity 
or the bugs 
or the plane rides
or all the walking
or leaving

But I LOVED the experience!!

Top: Zach, Ryan, Zach, Eric
Middle: Brian, BreAnn, Melany, Emily, Diana, Bradlee, Hope, Mary, Miki, Brooke, Zach, Sean
Bottom: Melissa, Dani, Cherie, Taylor, and me

This was my company, and as I said before my roomies Melissa, Melany, Emily, Diana and BreAnn were awesome and I miss them tons! Mary, too :D

Carthage Jail
In the room were Joseph and Hyrum were killed...
Great picture though :)


Night and day of the
NAUVOO TEMPLE



No comments:

Post a Comment