Saturday, July 30, 2011

The Simple Truth

I'm a senior................

I'm a senior now and I have no idea what I want to do with my life.

This summer has gone by so fast, I feel like school just ended and yet, it's right around the corner.
My senior pictures are in a week... uh oh... then comes school and ACT and AP tests. Then, oh what do you know! Here walks in.. college applications and scholarships... I'm totally freaking out!!

Where to go, what to do??
The choices are limitless and yet, I have absolutely no clue!

I'm glad high school will be over, not that it's bad or anything, it's just... school. But after high school comes university... more school... jobs, careers, being on my own, being responsible..

After HS my life really begins
but what do I want to do with my life??

After HS nothing is the same...
well, that's how I see it anyway. Before and during high school kids are completely dependent on parents and such, but after? Not so much..

I think my issue is change.
I know change is good, and can lead to wonderful things, but
I. Don't. Like. Change.

Change means different
Change means not what you're used to
Change means a lot of things, 
but usually 
Change puts you out of your comfort zone.

I like my zone.

I don't like when my zone pushes me out of my comfort.
I think that's the biggest reason as to why I'm so freaked out.
After high school there's gonna be a lot of change...

Now that I think of it, that's probably why I'm kinda nervous about EFY.
I know, right? Nervous about EFY??
Well, I've never been to an EFY.
I've never had to fly on a plane by myself.. well, the Baileys will be there, but they don't count. I'm the oldest, so that makes me the responsible one..
I've never had to worry about travel arrangements...
For the love! I've never had a roommate (AHH!!) besides Bailey.


Okay, so I get it, change is usually good and for my benefit...
but that doesn't mean I have to like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment