Saturday, July 2, 2011

Caving, Rafting and other Fun

Flaming Gorge camp out with my friends?
I think yes!! :D

Caving with Bre was a party.
We went exploring in a crevice where a red ?↓ was spray painted onto the wall.
Smart, I know
but it was extremely fun
not to mention wet, muddy and filled with wet sticks.
It was really cool though, at the bottom was a tiny river, maybe a foot across and was solid ice. When I got closer I saw that it widened and entered a small room, then another farther in. Again, solid ice from wall to wall at the bottom. And this is maybe 20 feet down from where people are walking. I was tempted to crawl across the ice and see where the tunnel led, but changed my mind cuz the ice was smooth and I wasn't sure if it would hold... if it broke on me I'd've been in trouble. Anyway, it was a bunch of fun.

Next, you should know there was no extra water at camp...
So I couldn't start any water fights
and had to improvise.

Nutella fight with Bre. she may have started it, but I won :D
Cobbler fight with Tori. I started it and I ended it.
When Annika was asleep in a camp chair after caving I 'accidentally tripped' and the open water bottle in my hand that wasn't mine spilled on her face and woke her up...
and sometimes me and Bre give each other dead arms and bruised ankles...

Oh, so we went river rafting. I drove down with Annika, Bre and Sis. Bellows.
Problem was we got there late and had to wait 2 hours for the rafts to be brought back.
We decided to check out the Flaming Gorge Dam (that thing is HUGE!!) and took the tour,
well, half of it :D
We started the tour, met a crazy biker chick who was insane, then realized there was no way we could stay for the whole thing and make it back in time.
Bellows explained all this to our tour guide who reluctantly let us go back warning us that we'd have to get back through the door we came in. Did I mention it was manned by a cop and metal detector??
So we kinda run past the cop then Bellows tells the people at the front door that she was getting a little woozy from being up so high... following our exit she jumped a concrete freeway barrier that was in the parking lot.. Hahaha :)

All I'm going to say about this next part, after getting to the raft ramp but before everyone got there, is that Annika has GUTS!! No joke... She is amazing and will do things I won't even consider, no matter how much there is to gain (in this case it was $30), but don't worry I was rolling on the ground with laughter, as was Bellows. Bre was with Annika, was was also laughing. I don't remember the last time I laughed like that. It was great and hopefully there will be a repeat soon :D

So once we finally got onto the river it was pretty fun. There was one girl that complained the entire way, and Annika and Bellows stole the bail bucket so I couldn't soak them, oh and the stake leader wouldn't let any of us get in the water... but besides that it was a blast. The rapids were not as big as the Grand Canyon, but being there with my best friends made it so much fun. Toward the end I stood up on the front of the boat holding the rope to keep my balance... I stayed up pretty good, til I lost my balance, then I went crashing onto Bre and this other girl... but it was all good.

Favorite Quote:
Thanks for being considerate of the well being of my sanitized hands ~Bre


So these are most of my highlights of girl's camp.
It was a ton of fun and I felt that I made the most out of it...



No comments:

Post a Comment